Black History Month
February is Black History Month, and North students will host eight sessions on topics related to history, identity, and justice. Sessions will be offered throughout February on each Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 1:00 via Microsoft Teams. The topics explored are as follows:
- 2/2: Great Black Movies - Clips and Discussion (Click here for video)
- 2/4: American Slavery and Black Liberation (Click here for video)
- 2/16: Black Women of the Civil Rights Movement
- 2/19: Black History Jeopardy (Click here for video)
- 2/22: Intersectional Black Identity (Click here for video)
- 2/23: Celebrating Black Literature (Click here for video)
- 2/24: Racial Justice Forum (Click here for video)
- 2/25: Black Innovation and Leadership (Click here for video)
You can access meeting links for each of these sessions by downloading North's Black History Month calendar (opens as a Word document).
Have questions? Reach out to Mrs. Cannon (Room 607, email@example.com) for more info.