MCCSC Adult Education Announces COVID Precautions
MCCSC Adult Education Director Robert Moore has announced precautions that will be taken in the adult education program as the 2020-2021 school year begins.
"Of course, these precautions may change depending on guidance from the Monroe County Community School Coproration and other governing agencies," Moore said. "But I think these regulations will get us started and we can modify from there as needed."
COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS
Effective July 1, 2020 Until Revised or Rescinded
Daily before Arrival:
- Students and staff members self-screen for symptom of COVID 19. If symptoms are present, stay home.
- Employees and students may be excluded for 14 days if they recently had contact with a person who has confirmed case, if someone in their home is being tested, or if they have recently travelled to a “hot spot.”
- Custodians will clean as per directions from MCCSC Building Operations.
- All persons (students, staff, and others) will wear a face covering when entering the building. If they are not wearing one from home, they can use one provided at Entrance 1.
- After moving into the hallways, all persons (students, staff, and others) will wash their hands.
- Signage will give directions about wearing a face covering, washing hands, and distancing.
In the Classrooms and Elsewhere in the Building:
- Occupants wear face coverings at all times.
- Try to arrange seating so students are facing the same direction and distanced if possible.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are available. Limit the sharing of equipment and supplies. Ask students to use a disinfecting wipe on shared equipment supplies (e.g., calculators, keyboards) before and after use.
- We will give all students distance learning activities (e.g., Burlington English, PLATO Edmentum, Canvas, pencil-paper) as part of our regular instruction so we can “pivot” easily to all distance education if we have to.