At Clear Creek, we want our students to be globally competent leaders:
- Investigate the world beyond their immediate environment, framing significant problems and conducting well-crafted and age-appropriate research.
- Recognize perspectives and articulate and explain such perspectives thoughtfully and respectfully.
- Communicate ideas effectively with diverse audiences, bridging geographic, linguistic, ideological, and cultural barriers.
- Take action to improve conditions, viewing themselves as reflective participants in the world.
Why do we need competent leaders?
- 1 in 3 U.S. medium-sized and large-sized companies have international operations or serve multilingual/multicultural clientele.
- 93% of these companies are looking for candidates with global skills
- 64% are seeking employees with multicultural experience
- 49% are seeking employees with overseas experience
- 41% have a hiring preference for multilingual applicants
How will we achieve globally competent leaders?
At Clear Creek, we offer two unique global education programs: Global Gateways and Dual Language Spanish Immersion.
The Indiana State Standards and the MCCSC Core Curriculum for English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science will be taught in both programs. All students will also participate in other school wide programs including The Leader in Me and Well Managed School.