2018 Constance K. Holland Memorial Scholarship
Constance Holland was a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. She served as a Social Science and English instructor throughout her teaching tenure and retired from Bloomington High School South. She was a dynamic teacher and named Indiana Teacher of the Year in 1982. Among her many accomplishments, she held several national sorority positions and was a charter member of Kappa Tau Omega. She was a beloved community member, and friend. This scholarship is in her honor.
Deadline for application submission: Monday, February 26, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
The following are eligibility criteria and application material requirements for high school seniors submitting an application for the Constance Holland Scholarship. Failure to adhere to the criteria listed will eliminate your application from consideration:
1. Identify as a Black/African-American female
2. Be a graduating senior who attends a high school in Bloomington, IN at the time of application submission
3. Submit a complete application packet that includes the following:
- *Official high school transcript supporting evidence of a cumulative GPA average of 2.75.
- Two reference forms: one from a current or former teacher and one from a community member (e.g. supervisor,
pastor/clergy, mentor). Reference forms must be submitted online. See application for details.
- If awarded, recipient must submit a copy of the letter of admittance from a college or university to scholarship
committee before receiving the award.
Please click below for scholarship application: