2019-2020 Senior Information and Important Dates
(please note dates are subject to change)
Sept. 23rd - Senior Meeting with Jostens during SRT (10:15-11:00am) in the Auditorium. Graduation packets handed out to all seniors in attendance. Packets are also available in the Main Office.
Sept. 26th - Gap/Gown orders during lunch in the cafeteria. Current prices valid until Dec. 13, 2019. Caps and Gown will not be delivered until all items ordered are paid in full**.
Oct. 7th - Senior Picture Day.
Nov. 1st- November Grads Intent to Participate in Commencement form due.
Cap & Gown orders must be in by December 31st in order to avoid a substantial price increase in January.
Feb. 14th - February Grads Intent to Participate in Commencement form due.
Mar. 4th - Announcement Pick-Up.
Mar. 30th - June Grad Senior Meeting in Auditorium during SRT (10:15-11:00am).
Mar. 30th - Commencement Speaker Sign Ups begin. Sign up in the main office or with Mrs. Whitehead in room A323. If you do not sign up and receive directions, you may not try out.
April 6th- Last day for Commencement Speaker Sign Ups.
April 13th - Commencement Speaker Tryout during SRT (10:15-11:00am).
May 4th - Senior Honors Night 7:30pm in the Auditorium.
May 7th - Cap and Gown distribution during lunches. You must order a cap and gown in order to participate. Payment in full is required before you will receive your cap and gown. If you have failed to order your cap and gown you will need to order online at www.jostens.com or call toll free 1-877-475-7037 as soon as possible.
May 15th - All Library and Bookstore delinquencies must be cleared (other then current use textbooks).
May 16th - Junior-Senior Prom in the Atrium at BHSS 8:00pm.
May 29th - Mandatory Commencement Practice at BHSS 8:00am. All rules pertaining to student conduct at a school sponsored event apply to the practice and Commencement ceremony.
May 30th - Commencement at BHSS 9:00am. Participation is voluntary for all eligible students (see eligibility requirements*).
*In order to participate in the Graduation ceremony you must:
1. Attend Commencement practice.
2. Come to Commencement appropriately dressed (boys must wear dress shirt, dress trousers, socks and dress shoes, girls must wear appropriate dress attire).
3. Early Grads: complete the graduation requirements by November 1st or February 14th, or;
4. All Others: will complete the graduation requirements by the last designated day of school, or;
5. Have no more than a two (2) credit deficiency and either plan to enroll in Plato or plan to complete the requirements by correspondence. You must provide proof of such enrollment to Mr. Cannon by noon on May 15th, 2020. A diploma will be awarded when all requirements have been met.
6. All delinquent items must be cleared by noon on May 15th. Current term delinquencies must be cleared prior to practice.
- 7% sales tax is applied to all purchases.
-Shipping is waived for cap and gown orders only. If your order anything in addition to a cap and gown the flat fee of $10.90 is charged.
- Full payment must be received to receive you cap and gown.
- A down payment of one half of your order or $90, whichever is greater, is required upfront. Full payment is accepted.
- Specific questions on products should be directed to Jostens.