Parenting Tips & Resources
Monroe County Public Library (812) 349-3050All resourced ideas are subject to your parental discretion and discernment.Look for regular updates on this page."No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit"-- Helen Keller
- Book: "How Children Succeed." Author: Paul Tough. Publisher: Mariner Books, Reprint Edition (July 2, 2013). Book related videos.
- Book: "The Parents We Mean To Be." Author: Richard Weissbourd, Publisher: Houghton Mifflin, 2009. Author website
- Book: "How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk." Authors: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Publisher: Harper Perennial, 1999. http://youtu.be/Rv0k1U1NfCA
- Book: "How To Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk." Authors: Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. Publisher: William Morrow, 2005.
- Book: "Smart Parenting for Smart Kids: Nurturing Your Child's True Potential." Authors: Eileen Kennedy-Moore and Mark S. Lowenthal. Publisher: Jossey-Bass/Wiley, 2011.
- Book: "Before It's Too Late: Why Some Kids Get Into Trouble--and What Parents Can Do About It." Author: Stanton Samenow. Publisher: Harmony, 2001.