Dear MCCSC Parent/Guardians,
On behalf of our Board of School Trustees and the entire staff, thank you for a most rewarding 2016-2017. Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
We look forward to the continued opportunity to serve this wonderful community, especially your children, our students!
We have had many exciting events over the past year as the MCCSC maintains the reputation of providing quality education that is second to none. Here are a few highlights from 2016-2017.
- Binford, Bloomington South, Batchelor, Childs, Unionville, and The Academy of Science and Entrepreneurship were named Four Star Schools,
- Childs Elementary School achieved International Baccalaureate designation the end of the 2016-2017 school year, University and Templeton Elementary are on track for IB designation in 2017-2018,
- Bloomington North and South were recognized at the 2017 Indiana Advanced Placement reception for having at least 25% of the graduating class cohort earning a score of 3 or higher on at least one AP exam,
- Batchelor Middle School achieved recognition as an IDOE Full STEM Certified School,
- Unionville Elementary announced the creation of an EARTH curriculum,
- Summit and Clear Creek pilot a dual language immersion program,
- We graduated eighteen National Merit Finalists, three National Merit Scholars, two Lilly Scholars, two Indiana University Wells Scholars, one Coca-Cola Scholar, seventy-nine Advanced Placement (AP) Scholars, twenty-five AP Scholar Honors, fifty-two AP Scholars with Distinction and nine National AP Scholars,
- Those students who completed dual credit college courses earned 3683 credits saving families an estimated $1,045,000 in college tuition costs,
- Students who were successful on the Advanced Placement exams saved parents $362,000,
- MCCSC graduates in 2017 accepted over of $10,700,000 in college scholarships,
- Indiana Association of School Principals honored eight MCCSC juniors as the 2017 Rising Stars of Indiana for their academic achievement,
- The Indiana Department of Workforce Development recognized Hoosier Hills Career Center as a top performing Career Center in Indiana. HHCC passed all eight-performance indicators,
- Bloomington South Teacher, Kristin Milks is one of eight Indiana Finalists for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
Our commitment to serving the needs of ALL students is our central focus. We look forward to opening day, Wednesday, August 9, 2017. Please check our website for updated information regarding registration, school supply lists, food service, transportation and other items you may find useful as we begin the new school year.
Thank you for your continued support in passing the 2016 Referendum allowing us the privilege to provide educational opportunities and an array of extra-curricular activities that engage, empower and educate your children.
Welcome to the Monroe County Community School Corporation and have a most rewarding 2017-2018 school year!
Proud to be MCCSC,
Dr. Judith DeMuth
Superintendent of Schoolse-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org