ENL Volunteer Programs
MCCSC's ENrich After School Tutoring Program needs volunteers who are interested in working with English learners in grades K-8.
Becoming a Volunteer Tutor
There are four steps to becoming a volunteer tutor.
- Submit an online volunteer tutor application.
- Submit a background check request form to the Office of English Language Learning. A photo ID verification will be required at the time of submission. Completion of a background check is required for all volunteer tutors who work with students in the MCCSC. There is no cost to supervised volunteers. The request form can be downloaded here.
- Attend an ELL volunteer orientation. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule a meeting once your application has been submitted. An interview may be required for volunteer tutors.
- Become an active volunteer tutor and receive an assignment. Volunteers who completed the steps above will be given an assignment. We will provide our volunteers with materials, resources, and continuous support.
ENL volunteer tutors and the tutoring program coordinators can access the Volunteer Information Center using a password. The following information can be found on the Volunteer Information Center:
- View volunteer work-related messages and news
- Update your contact information
- Check/change your work schedule
- Change your password