Have your students find out how New York City ticks in this exclusive two-week session offered by NYIT Academy from July 9 to July 20. This immersive 3-credit seminar course considers the ways in which New York has been rebuilt and redefined by people and institutions since the late 19th century.
- Explore the city—its waterfronts, mass transit system, city parks, iconic landmarks, reconstructed tenements, and the latest sustainably designed buildings.
- Discover New York's rich history from the city's first Gilded Age to our current one, with stops in between: the Roaring Twenties and the explosion of national mass culture; the Depression and growth of the labor movement; Robert Moses and post-war urban renewal; urban crises of the 1960s, '70s, and '80s; and the current revitalization, thanks to new immigrants and the impact of globalization and post-industrial reform.
- Get a taste of cultural and culinary diversity, from uptown fine arts to Broadway and popular amusements, to the downtown arts scene; from breakfast at Tiffany's to lunch in Chinatown and dinner at Katz's Deli.
- Take advantage of NYIT's dynamic urban campus at Columbus Circle in the heart of New York City.
- Develop social media skills as students share their experiences.
- Network with administrators of city agencies and nonprofits to discover what it takes to run organizations in a complex city like New York.
Have a fun and productive summer earning college credits!
Students can earn three academic credits upon completion, while exploring New York City in a holistic manner that places emphasis on architecture, design, government, urban planning & development, and more!
Learn more here: NYIT Modern New York
This year we are offering a limited number of scholarships to attend the summer programs! Learn more about the scholarship and how to apply to a pre-college program today. Applications for a scholarship must be submitted May 1.
Help students get ahead in their college career! If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 646.273.6135. I hope to hear from you soon!
Office of Global Engagement