Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
What is an ILP?An ILP (Individual Learning Plan) is a written plan which details strategies, accommodations, and modifications to be implemented in the classroom on a daily basis. An ILP is created for all Limited English Proficient (LEP) students.
- An ILP is a locally-developed form that is recommended to be created by the student's classroom teachers in conjunction with the school's ENL teacher or other designee.
- The content of Individual Learning Plan should be shared with students.
- Teachers and other instructional staff members that work with a Limited English Proficient student must be provided a copy of the ILP and are required to implement the ILP within their classroom on a daily basis.
Information Contained in the MCCSC's ILP Form
- General student information
- Student's English proficiency and academic needs
- Language instruction program being used
- Learning goals
- List of assessment data reviewed to establish the learning goals
- State and local assessment information
- Recommended instructional strategies, accommodations, and modifications